Regulation Competition Cosplay Lucca 2015
Automated translation, for doubt, consult the official website of the fair
SUMMARY INFORMATION MORE IMPORTANT
- Date and time: Saturday, October 31 and Sunday, November 1. Beginning at 14:00 and 19:00 estimated end.
- Events stage(Palco Eventi) where the competition takes place: On the bulwark San Donato.
- Acceptance / enrollment point: in the ExCavallerizza(pavilion) .
- Changing rooms: in the ExCavallerizza(pavilion) .
- Photo Stitch official in theExCavallerizza(pavilion).
- Dates and times:
- Pre-registration online mandatory until November 1 at 12:00.
- Sign in Loco needed: no later than 12:30 with printed form and identity card (groups registered by one representative).
- Registration limits:
- The number of participants will be based on the total time available for the race. You can register on site as long as the total time of the performances (see point 8 of the Regulation) will not reach this limit. Each participant who is single / couple / trio / group will have a certain amount of time available, during which we will recite scenes invented, famous songs or parodies related to the character / s played / s, that is inclusive of time-input and output from the stage.
- Participants can sign up and paraded in both sessions that comprise Lucca Cosplay, provided that you do not wear never and for no reason the same costume in both days of competition. Each participant will never and under any circumstances participate in interpreting the same day two or more different characters. Participants take note, together with the pre-registration online will be held, if caught in the act, responsible for any damage done to the stage and the equipment present.
- Dates and times:
- Groups: For reasons related to safety on stage is the maximum limit of 30 participants per group.
- Participants will parade in the order in which you will be registered on-site. Saturday’s parade is divided by bands of types (singles, couples, gruppi..ecc) and the order refers to the echelon of belonging.
Regulation on the official site
1. Event Date and Location
Lucca Cosplay 2015 is an event organized by Lucca Comics & Games, and will be divided into two separate sessions: Saturday, October 31 andSunday, November 1, both events will start at 14.00 hours and will end with the awards ceremony at 19.00.
- The location of the “Point Subscriptions” for on-site registrations will be located in the building of the former Riding School where they will be located also the dressing rooms and the point official photo of the event Lucca Cosplay 2015.
2. Theme costumes
The costumes worn by the participants in the competition will have to be relevant to the world of animation, cartoon, movie, the TV series, music, video games, role-playing games and books.
In order to participate in the tender of Lucca Cosplay 2015 you will need the following:
- Pre-registration online, which will be accessed through the official page of Lucca Music & Cosplay from 1 October at 21:30 until Sunday, November 1 12.00. Pre-registration will have no limit of time or of participants but will be used only to collect all the data necessary for registration on site.
The pre-registration online does not give the exclusive right to participate in the tender.
- Documentation and data required to pre-register online:
- name and surname
- date and place of birth
- cod. fiscal
- telephone number (preferably mobile)
- email address
- group name
- character played
- series that inspired the character
- reference image of the character (see item 4, Regulation ECG).
- musical base (see point 4).
- On-site registration: each pre-registered participant must present the day of the race for which it is pre-writing, no later than 12.30 pm, at the Point Subscriptions (former Riding School) bearing the pre-registration form and a identity document. For larger groups you will have to delegate one person to the validation of the whole group, you necessity for children to be accompanied by a parent or an adult who takes the place. Sorry for the lack of documentation and data on time and deadlines, will not participate in the race itself.
The number of participants will be based on the total time available for the race.
You can register on site as long as the total time of the performances (see point 8 of the Regulation) will not reach this limit.
4. Bases music and image reference
It is possible for participants to have a music or background audio during the parade, if you do not intend to present a skit can be included background music organization. The background music will only be charged in MP3 ( Maximum size 10Mb) via the interface used on the official page of Lucca Music & Cosplay.
We strongly recommend participants to have a reference image so that the jury may have a basis for comparison as fair as possible during the parade, unless you’re playing a character of fantasy fiction and / or role-playing games of which there are no objective reference images. The image must be loaded only in JPG format (size Max 1GB) via the interface used on the official page of Lucca Music & Cosplay.
5. Limitations and Obligations
Participants can sign up and paraded in both sessions that comprise Lucca Cosplay, provided that you do not wear never and for no reason the same costume in both days of competition.
Each participant will never and under any circumstances participate in interpreting the same day two or more different characters. Participants take note, together with the pre-registration online will be held, if caught in the act, responsible for any damage done to the stage and the equipment present.
6. Rules on groups
For reasons related to safety on stage is the limit of 30 participants per group.
7. Order of the parade
- 7.1 Participants will parade in the order in which you will be registered on-site.
- 7.2 On Saturday October 31 parade will be marked by a precise sequence, that will not change however as stated in paragraph 7.1:
- 1 bracket – 1 single character (not allowed extras)
- The second echelon – two couples characters (not allowed extras)
- 3 echelon – trio 3 characters (not allowed extras)
- 4 echelon – groups of 4 to 30 characters.
You can not change the order of the parade, except in emergencies, and in any case at the discretion of the organization, therefore it requires members to show up in the gathering of cosplayers no later than one minute from their call to the stage, under penalty of exclusion from the competition. There are two breaks 15/20 min. the parade.
8. time granted to the participants on stage
Each participant who is single / couple / trio / group will have a certain amount of time available, during which we will recite scenes invented, famous songs or parodies related to the character / s played / s, that is inclusive of time-input and output from the stage.
The time limit available are the following:
- 1 Participants – 1 minute and 30 seconds (single)
- 2 to 3 participants – 2 minutes (couples / trio)
- from 4 to 8 participants – 2 minutes and 30 seconds (group)
- 9 to 15 participants – 3 minutes (group)
- from 16 to 24 participants – 4 minutes (group)
- 25 to 30 participants – five minutes (group)
Participants who do not perform any kind of “scene” will be granted the same time limit listed above. If the show will continue after the deadline, with obvious intent on the part of the / of the participant / s, the performance will be made an abrupt end to continue with the race. If the responsible officers (see paragraph 13) to control the proper conduct of the competition they see fit, such non-compliance will be punished with exclusion from the competition.
9. Call on and off the stage
Participants will be gathered in a prepared area of the side of the back-stage and then conveyed towards the entrance of the stage by the staff in charge (see paragraph 13) to create a continuous stream of performances on stage, participants will be asked performing by presenters and only then can access the front stage. All participating groups will be referred to only by number without including names and details in the call, if there is a need for this rule will be extended to individuals, couples and trios. By the end of the call of the participants will be granted a few moments at the discretion of the presenters, and then will begin the countdown (see item 8).
When the time expires, or at the end of the skit, the participants will pause briefly in front of the jury and then leave the stage and go to the point photo.
The teacher must collect objects and / or accessories after the end of the exhibition but always before leaving the stage.
10. Rules of behavior on stage
It requires participants to avoid the following attitudes during the scene, and always during the stay on the stage, under penalty of immediate disqualification:
- Profanity and vulgarity
- Profanity and / or offensive behavior towards religions and / or inciting hatred and racism.
- Indecent exposure real or simulated
- Acts commonly punished in the category of obscene acts in public by the Civil Code.
It also recalled that the bodies (see paragraph 13) have the authority to penalize further offensive behavior and / or indecent not expressly mentioned in the above categories.
11. Safety rules the stage to stage effects and use of animals
It should be noted that failure to follow the following steps will result in immediate disqualification by the managers in charge and, in extreme cases, immediate discontinuation of the skit.
They are strictly forbidden:
- flammable substances
- water jets and liquid
- foams or foaming substances
- explosives and firecrackers
- launch of heavy and / or blunt
It is also forbidden to bring on stage live or dead animals (stuffed and bones) of any size and type. The ban also extends to insects.
They are allowed:
- confetti or similar
- theatrical stage effects not hazardous not fall within the categories mentioned above prohibition.
- plush toys and reproductions of animals and / or insects.
It reminds bidders wishing bring along weapons, which must report to the police station prior to his membership of the possession of the weapon and the path that will carry with it.
These weapons can still be never and under no circumstances use on stage or in the back-stage, it will be excluded from the competition.
13. Powers on stage and backstage areas
The task of enforcing the rules on the stage for participants is the responsibility of the presenters, managers of cosplay, the security officers and the head of the stage that have absolute authority about. The surrounding area of the stage will be controlled by appropriate personnel who will manage the flow of participants in and out from the stage that occurring in turn respect the rules by the participants.
14. Categories in competition
Prizes awarded in collaboration during the day Saturday, October 31 in Lucca Cosplay 2015 will cover the following categories:
- ECG Category
BEST SINGLE ECG 1st place
BEST SINGLE ECG 2nd reserve
BEST COUPLE / TRIO ECG 1st place
BEST COUPLE / TRIO 2nd reserve
The special prizes awarded during the day Saturday, October 31 in Lucca Cosplay 2015 will cover the following categories:
- Category LUCCA GAMES
LUCCA GAMES GAME
LUCCA GROUP GAMES GAME
LUCCA FANTASY GAMES
LUCCA GROUP FANTASY GAMES
LUCCA RPG GAMES
LUCCA GROUP GAMES GDR
- Category 20th ANNIVERSARY EVANGELION
BEST GROUP 20th ANNIVERSARY EVANGELION
BEST CHARACTER MALE 20th ANNIVERSARY EVANGELION
BEST FEMALE CHARACTER 20th ANNIVERSARY EVANGELION
COSTUME MORE ‘DIFFICULT 20th ANNIVERSARY EVANGELION
The official prizes awarded during the day is Sunday, Nov. 1 in Lucca Cosplay 2015 will cover the following categories:
- Category 1
BEST CHARACTER MALE
BEST FEMALE CHARACTER
- Category 2
COSTUME MORE ‘DIFFICULT
- Category 3
- Category 4
COSPLAY MUSIC PRIZE
- Category 5
BEST GAME CHARACTER
BEST GROUP VIDEO GAME
The prizes and special mentions of Lucca Cosplay 2015 awarded during the two sessions of the race (Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd November) cover the following categories:
- SPECIAL MENTION LUCCA COSPLAY
- SPECIAL MENTION ASS. CULT. FLASH GORDON
Prizes awarded in collaboration during the day is Sunday, Nov. 1 in Lucca Cosplay 2015 will cover the following categories:
- FAR EAST FILM FESTIVAL PRIZE
- AWARD SONGNO FANTASY AND REALITY ‘
The organization reserves the right to add and / or modify the official prizes, special mentions and collaborations even after they leave this Regulation.
The order in which they appear on the list for awards made up the methodology for awarding prizes described in paragraph 15.
14. Methodology for awards:
After the race, the jury will retire to decide the winners. After the cups will be awarded to the competition categories.
Each juror will award a prize from among those listed in paragraph 14, choosing the winner based on its own evaluation, using the criteria described in paragraph 17 of the present regulations.
Each juror will select a list of possible winners that go from a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 15 competitors.
The prize that each juror shall award will be decided by drawing lots before the start of each session, or assigned by the organization based on areas of expertise, with the exception of the special awards, mentions and awards in collaboration.
Each participant in the race Saturday, November 1 will receive more than one award among those specified in paragraph 14, except for the prize for the best single award ECG 2nd place, the prize for best pair / trio ECG 2nd place, the special prizes and mentions.
Each participant in the race Sunday, November 1 will receive more than one award among those specified in paragraph 14, except for the best group award, the prize for best group video, special awards, mentions and awards at collaborations.
If two or more jurors indicate as first choice the winner, the jury that awards the prize that is further down the list indicated in paragraph 14 (category number higher), should indicate another winner among those who selected. The jury’s decisions are final.
16. The Jury
The jury will be composed of prominent personalities from the world of cosplay, as well as experts and enthusiasts competent in the various types of costumes that can participate in the tender, as specified in paragraph 2.
Jurors can not participate in the race, but only as individuals and pull out of competition, on the day that will not be present in the jury, is an exception to this rule only for jurors who deliver special prizes for third.
In the event of an unforeseen unavailability to attend the event of one or more jurors and their substitutes, and it is not possible to entrust the task to other alternative jurors, the organization reserves the right to nominate one or more jurors chosen office among those responsible for the organization of Lucca Comics & Games or other qualified persons.
17. Criteria and description of awards
- COSTUME MORE ‘DIFFICULT
With this award you want to highlight the cosplayers who more than others has been able to create a custom difficult to achieve. A cosplayer who plays a knight wearing a complex and intricate armor, a cosplayer who plays an animal / monster / creature wearing fantastic complex frames mixed with various techniques not sartorial, or a cosplayer wearing clothes particularly difficult and complex to implement, are possible candidates for the award of this prize.
- BEST CHARACTER MALE / FEMALE
This prize should be awarded to the male or female character represented by cosplayer, which was marked by the overall quality of their costume. Determining factors for the award of this prize are: the invoice costume (quality tailoring, stitching, fabric used), the resemblance to the costume of the character represented, care for the hair and make-up and implementation of all the accessories. This award encompasses many aspects of cosplay that are rewarded in categories assestanti. Thus, in its assignment we must try to reward the cosplayers who tried to treat all of these aspects.
- BEST GROUP
This award should be assigned to the group of cosplayers that, globally, has been able to stand out more for the quality of costumes, described for prizes and best character costumes harder, accessories and interpretation.
- BEST GAME CHARACTER
Using the same criteria described for the best male or female, this prize is awarded to the cosplayers who created / performed the best character tied exclusively to the world of video games.
- BEST GROUP VIDEO GAME
With the same criteria for the best group, this award is given to the group of cosplayers who has distinguished itself in the interpretation of characters linked exclusively to the world of video games.
- BEST INTERPRETATION
This prize be awarded to a single cosplayer or to a group, which, over time his / their disposal, have or have played more faithfully / the right / the character / s. A good empathy and acting (original or re-interpreted), cured but not boring, a scene linked to the character / s represented / i is the determining factor for the award of this prize. In this case, the prize can be awarded regardless of the invoice costume.
- BEST ACCESSORY
This prize should be awarded to the cosplayers who exhibits the most beautiful accessory, imposing or extravagant it. This prize should be awarded simply on the accessory, and not to the rest of the costume and / or interpretation of cosplayers who uses it. A ‘weapon particularly impressive or well crafted, an ornament, a hat, a particularly well crafted furnishings are possible factors for awarding this prize.
- SYMPATHY AWARD
This prize be awarded to a single cosplayer or to a group, and must be assigned to the person or persons who most impressed by his office of sympathy, regardless of how the costume may or may not have been well made.
Excellent interpretation of a funny character, a parody well studied, an irreverent interpretation are all possible determinants for the award of this prize.
- COSPLAY MUSIC PRIZE
With this award you want to highlight the cosplayer or that stood out more than others in the construction / interpretation of a costume inspired by the singers of the music scene.
- BEST COUPLE
This award is given to a group of two cosplayers that, globally, have been able to distinguish in the implementation, interpretation, as a costume inspired by one of the many famous couples of the panorama animation, movies, comics, games, literature , etc …
- BEST CHOREOGRAPHY
With this award you want to reward or cosplayer cosplayer who managed to stand out for its spectacular staging of the choreography on stage. In particular, they evaluated the coordination of movements, the visual impact and the correspondence between choreography and musical thread.
- SPECIAL MENTION LUCCA COSPLAY
This award is given to cosplayer or group that has best embodied the spirit of the Lucca Cosplay.
- AWARD GAMES GAME
This award should be given to cosplayer that, globally, has been able to stand out more for the quality of the costume, described for prizes and best character costumes harder, accessories and interpretation but related exclusively to the world of video games.
- AWARD GAMES GAME GROUP
This award should be assigned to the group of cosplayers that, globally, has been able to stand out more for the quality of costumes, described for prizes and best character costumes harder, accessories and interpretation but related exclusively to the world of video games.
- AWARD GAMES FANTASY
This award should be assigned to the group of cosplayers that, globally, has been able to stand out more for the quality of the costume, described for prizes and best character costumes harder, accessories and interpretation but related exclusively to the world of “fantasy fiction” (books, TV series, movies, etc …)
- AWARD GAMES GROUP FANTASY
This award should be given to cosplayer that, globally, it has been able to stand out more for the quality of costumes, described for prizes and best character costumes harder, accessories and interpretation but related exclusively to the world of “fantasy fiction” (books , TV series, movies, etc …)
- AWARD GAMES GDR
This award should be given to cosplayer that, globally, has been able to stand out more for the quality of the costume, described for prizes and best character costumes harder, accessories and interpretation but related exclusively to the world of RPGs is “Live “from which” table “.
- AWARD GAMES GROUP GDR
This award should be assigned to the group of cosplayers that, globally, has been able to stand out more for the quality of costumes, described for prizes and best character costumes harder, accessories and interpretation but related exclusively to the world of RPGs is “Live” that “table”.
- BEST GROUP 20th ANNIVERSARY EVANGELION
This award should be assigned to the group of cosplayers that, globally, has been able to stand out more for the quality of costumes, described for prizes and best character costumes harder, accessories and interpretation but related exclusively to the world of the anime “Neon Genesis Evangelion “.
- BEST CHARACTER MALE 20th ANNIVERSARY EVANGELION
This prize should be awarded to the male character represented by cosplayer, which was marked by the overall quality of their costumes, described in I press best male and female character, but related exclusively to the world of the anime “Neon Genesis Evangelion”.
- BEST FEMALE CHARACTER 20th ANNIVERSARY EVANGELION
This prize must be awarded to the male character represented by cosplayer, which was marked by the overall quality of their costumes, I press described in the best male and female character, but related exclusively to the world of the anime “Neon Genesis Evangelion”.
- COSTUME MORE ‘DIFFICULT 20th ANNIVERSARY EVANGELION
With this award we want to highlight the cosplayers who more than others has been able to create a custom difficult to achieve, described the prize for best costume difficult, but related exclusively to the world of the anime “Neon Genesis Evangelion “.
18.1. European Cosplay Gathering (ECG)
The ‘ European Cosplay Gathering (ECG) is an event whose sixth edition will be held in 2016 within the Japan Expo in Paris and is a collaboration between the latter and the various European countries linked to the world of cosplay. In the normal competitive entry in the parade, on condition of being compatible with the regulation of the ECG, you can indicate their willingness to participate in the selection, which will take place solely in the day Saturday, October 31 . Participants will parade anyway in the context of Lucca Cosplay and will be awarded in the normal course of the race.
To participate in the selection of the ECG will be marked in the appropriate space during the pre-registration online to race Lucca Cosplay, only if you meet the following requirements specifically organization ECG:
- They will participate in the selection for the ECG only cosplayers of Italian nationality properly pre-registered (see point 3).
- ECG will be eligible for selection only those who have come of age before the pre-registration online in the parade of Lucca Cosplay.
- Will participate in the selection ECG only individuals and groups of two or three people (couples / trio).
- The costumes will be handmade by the participants, not commission or bought. If they found clear evidence that the costume and ‘bought the participant will be disqualified only from the selection of the ECG and the normal race Lucca Cosplay.
- They accept smaller components and accessories made to order, but they must be declared in advance and will be required to account in the overall assessment of the costume.
- The selection ECG are not allowed “original” costumes based on fan art or music videos or singers not Japanese. If the costume relates to the above categories, the participant will be disqualified only from the selection of the ECG and the normal race Lucca Cosplay.
- The cosplayers who will also participate in the selection ECG will have a number different from the other participants will parade but always in order of registration on site.
- The timing of the exhibition will be the same race Lucca Cosplay.
- They are not eligible for selection ECG groups “crossover” unless you are referring to the official stories that combine the characters, such as some manga by Clamp and Kingdom Hearts. If the costume refer to the above categories participating groups will be disqualified onlyfrom the selection of the ECG and the normal race Lucca Cosplay.
- To participate in the selection ECG requires a “artwork” reference for the jury to assess adherence to the original costume. The image must be loaded only in JPG format (size Max 1GB) via the interface used on the official page of Lucca Music & Cosplay. Otherwise the participant will be disqualified only from the selection of the ECG and the normal race Lucca Cosplay. You may also send a translation into English or French of the skits interpreted.
- Optionally you can deliver a maximum of 3 photos of the work in progress of his costume during the confirmation of registration on site on race day.
- They will be selected an individual and a group, and its reserves which take the place of the winners winners if they are not able to attend the event ECG. The decision will be made by the jury with the final endorsement of the delegate of Japan Expo.
- The individual and the group finally selected will compete as representatives of Italy ECG in 2015 to be held in Paris, with an expenses-paid trip.
- Winners can lead ECG customs different from those worn during the selection only with the approval of the Delegate of Japan Expo.
- The safety standards of the ECG may differ from those of Lucca Cosplay. The cosplayers selected must comply with this standard during the event at the Japan Expo.
19. Term of competitive parade
After the parade, the jury will retire to decide the winners. During the next award will be awarded cups special prizes and mentions.
Participation in competitions called “Lucca Cosplay 2015” to be held on the dates as Article 1 of this Regulation and the consequent acceptance of this regulation, by the consent of the / the participant / s to the processing of all data, sensitive and not, that will be provided at the time of pre-registrations online and / or to confirm the entries on site, as well as the use and exploitation of the pictures related to the competition and throughout the area of the event.
The organization reserves the right to make changes to this Regulation to improve the performance of the event.
- There is a limit to the pre-registration online?
No, the pre-registration online does not have a limit. You can pre-register with calm on the site.
- So the race can participate in an unlimited number of cosplayers?
No, enrollment in Lucca Cosplay have a limit set by the physical time available for the race, so the number of people who can enroll is limited.
- I do not understand, first say that there is no limit, then say that there is a limit … I’m confused:
There is a difference between pre-registration (no limit) and registration (limited). The pre-registration is used to collect the data, images and audio track of cosplayers in order to have them ready and able to speed up the application process. L ‘ inscription itself, which takes place in the morning of the race, but will be limited. If we reach the limit of people who can pull out, we will close the registrations.
- But because you have not kept the old system? We liked it!
The system of pre-registrations for a limited number also liked us (otherwise we would not adopted, despite much controversy erupted even then they were), but over the years has developed a number of dysfunctions that could undermine the relationship of trust between Lucca and its cosplayer and that forced us to find another solution:
– many people enrolled “in the case” and then did not show up removing place to anyone who wanted to participate in really (note: it has happened with the rain the sun, thus were not the atmospheric conditions to determine this). Moreover, these huge differences between the expected and the actual sballavano all times: one of the assumptions made was even to reduce the time of the parade so be sure to fill in all the time, but for obvious reasons was preferred the current solution .
– panic of many did not make it in time to enroll their group several times, forcing us to analytical work of all members to identify duplication and freeing place for the “fished out” that were then contacted via email to report that They could participate. (And if in doubt contact duplication had to be sure not to erase some writing “regular” by mistake)
– we have heard of people who enrolled to resell the seats to those who remained outside (plus if he could not those places remained occupied unnecessarily)
- Why did you change the prizes awarded in the race on Saturday?
The reorganization of the race on Saturday was made to give it an identity “new”, where the awards bring together more details, leaving the awards “customary” to the race on Sunday. This also allows us to have more flexibility in seeking sponsors for major awards to be included within the event.
- But with this new structure I can not participate on Saturday because my group Aldnoah.Zero with cataphracts built to scale does not fall within the categories awarded
This is not exactly true, because among the prizes there are two that can be assigned to anyone , the special mention of the jury and the prize of the “Flash Gordon”.
- Yes, but even if I can win the special mention and the prize “Flash Gordon”, those are minor prizes.
This is not true, because the special jury mention is given by all the jury that evaluates the best cosplayers (or group of cosplayers ) of the race, while the Flash Gordon is awarded by a jury that is part of the association which introduced the cosplay in Italy. There seems to be little recognition.
- I have a costume Steampunk, return to the category GDR?
There are many RPGs steampunk, so if your character can be attributed to a character that can be played in one of these GDR, falls in the category of law
- But because you have published the rules just one month after the race?
Unfortunately before publishing the regulation we had to have certainty about different agreements which concern precisely the cosplay contest. We regret that it happened like this for long, but in the future we will seek a way to which the news will be released first.
Nice idea, the FAQ, but you did not answer the fundamental question that everyone is asking. Why do not you respond to that?
No, Seriously, though this list is not the answer to your question it is not why they made it in many or not we’ve come up with. Write to cosplay (at) luccacomicsandgames.com we will reply as soon as possible. Then if there are particularly frequent questions we will put them in this FAQ